CULTURAL ENCOUNTERS BLOG REFLECTION

1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?
One thing that I learnt in class during the simulations was that people have to work hard to earn food and buy land and get a shelter. During the first winter people found it hard to live and grow food but if you keep trying eventually you will grow enough food to keep your self healthy.

2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?
I learnt that farmers learnt from the Native Americans how to grow corn and different types of fruits and vegetables. I also learnt that farmers grew a lot of tobacco.


3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
The journal entries did help me under stand my character more because I wrote about how she worked in the fields and how she grew tobacco and picked wheat. I also understood my character more because I wrote about trying to grow fruits and vegetables but failing until we met the Native Americans who taught us easier ways to grow them.

4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?
The best part of our presentation was how everyone did something or at least spoke one sentence. I also think when everyone said their hopes and dreams it made our presentation more realistic. We could have worked on how everyone got an equal part, because one person would speak the whole time while one person said one word which seemed very unfair to me.

5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.
The biggest piece of learning I got was that the May flower came to the New World and they lost many people because of the cold winter and how nobody could grow enough food to feed everybody.










No comments:

Post a Comment